The WCDC is currently accepting applications for the following positions
Walk-in interviews are available Monday – Friday 9am – 2pm.
WCDC, a nonprofit agency that provides opportunities to adults with disabilities, is looking for a hard working, dedicated professional to join it’s team. This is a full-time exempt, management level position. The incumbent is responsible for the direction, management, supervision and leadership of all WCDC residential services. The duties include but are not limited to:
· Provide leadership, direction, and support to the residential department
· Oversee all aspects of the residential department
· Provide budget oversight
· Oversee all aspects of residential homes performing duties and providing coverage when necessary
· Conduct interviews and onboarding for new employees
· Carry WCDC phone and provide on call services when necessary
Requirements: Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to multitask and think on your feet. Bachelors degree, 5+ years of supervisory experience, a valid and clean drivers license, and experience in human services.
Supported Employment Training Specialist
Employment Status: Full-time
Summary: This is a full-time hourly position. The incumbent is responsible for providing positive supports and supervision to persons with developmental disabilities with the goal of helping them achieve their highest level of independence and quality of life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following and any other duties as assigned to meet the vision, fulfill the mission and abide by the values of the organization.
Complies with all agency policies and procedures
Assists individuals with life cycle of employment- locating work opportunities, applying for jobs, writing a resume, preparing for an interview, interviewing, follow-up, training for the job, maintaining the job, etc.
Develop a curriculum for individual involved in supported employment
Provides coaching, training, and other necessary supports to individuals in their work setting
Serves as the liaison between the individuals and their employer; works cooperatively to develop strategies to allow individuals to achieve their highest level of independence and individualizes programs to provide for the needs of each person served
Works cooperatively with the Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) to complete referrals, billing, progress reports, job procurement, on site job training, etc.
Conducts accurate time studies in accordance with the regulations established by Department of Labor
Treats the individuals with dignity and respect at all times and acts in a professional manner consistent with WCDC mission and vision
Safely transporting individuals to and from work when needed
Completes all vehicle logs, safety checks, maintenance, and certifications as directed by the transportation coordinator and transportation policies and procedures
Maintains formal and informal communications with immediate supervisor keeping him/her aware of activities and concerns within the program; follows the chain of command
Works cooperatively and professionally with other staff members, is motivated and takes initiative, proposes new ideas and different ways of doing things and is receptive to feedback
Maintains a safe, clean and secure environment for the clients at all times
Understands and follows all safety guidelines in accordance with each client IP, including but not limited to care plans, behavior plans, choking protocols etc.
Remains sensitive to each individual’s needs; counsels them to help them adjust to their disability; and enables them to make informed choices
Interacts with consulting staff, family and the community in a positive manner, supports WCDC position during interactions with others; operates according to WCDC mission and vision
Reports to work on time and when scheduled; follows appropriate callout policy if unable to report as scheduled
Attends required trainings and staff meetings; maintains certifications as required by DDA and WCDC
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours/Week: 40+ hours per week
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday and some on-call
Requirements: Registered Nurse license, valid driver’s license (with less than 3 points). Experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
Description of Duties:
• Provides medical needs to adults with disabilities in the day and residential programs
• Performs 45 day assessments on individuals
• Serve as liaison between WCDC and medical providers for individuals
• Trains and monitors CMT’s, providing disciplinary action when necessary
• Serves as a member of the QA committee
• Trains staff members as needed on medical related topics
• Provides on- call phone when assigned
Employment Status: Full-time and Part-time Hours Available
Hours/Week: The following shifts are available:
Full-time Full-time awake overnight 12a – 8a Monday – Friday
Full-time awake overnight 7 on 7 off
Full-time day shift 9a – 9p, 7 on 7 off
Part-time every other weekend 8a – 4p Saturday & Sunday
Part-time every other weekend 4p – 12a Saturday & Sunday
Part-time every other weekend 12a – 8a Saturday & Sunday
Part-time every other weekend 8a – 9p Saturday & Sunday
Part-time every weekend 8a – 9p Saturday & Sunday
Part-time every weekend 10a – 6p Saturday & Sunday
Part-time every weekend 8a – 8p Saturday & SundayRequirements: High School Diploma or GED and valid driver’s license
Part time direct support worker responsible for providing supervision and supports to assigned individuals in their home.
Description of Duties includes but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the safety and well-being of individuals
• Develops strategies to help clients overcome their limitations and individualizes strategies to provide for the needs of each person served
• Responsible for assisting clients with personal hygiene skills and tasks, including assisting with bathroom responsibilities, ensuring clients complete shaving, brushing teeth, bathing/showering, shampooing, and dressing appropriately for the weather and type of activities
• Plans and supports clients in daily activities, which may include but is not limited to, household chores, recreational activities, learning activities, physical fitness activities, and money management
• Serves as member of the individualized plan (IP) team and provides input to enable client(s) to develop their strengths and meet their goals
• Understands and follows all safety guidelines in accordance with each client IP, including but not limited to care plans, behavior plans, choking protocols etc.
• Administer daily medications
• Completes monthly data and other necessary paperwork
Employment Status: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Hours/Week: Monday – Friday day shift
Job Description: Direct support professional responsible for providing supervision and supports to assigned individual.
Description of Duties:
• Provide 1:1 supervision and training to assigned individual
• Assist the individual with accessing community events, social outings, recreational activities, etc.
• Provide support as needed to the individual to complete activities of daily living
• Provide instruction and training to enhance the individual’s work skills, communication skills, mobility skills, and social skills
• Assist the individual with feeding, toileting and vocational tasks
• Serve a member of the individualized plan team
• Complete monthly data
• Drives and/or aids on an agency bus and safely transports individuals
Requirement: A High School Diploma or GED, a valid and clean driver’s license, experience in human services preferred
If eligible*, please apply by completing a Job Transfer Form. For more information, please contact Nicole Dobelstein, Janelle Deshields, or Tammy Timmons @ 410-632-2382.
*Internal applicants- you must have worked in your current position for at least 6 months to be eligible.
Instructor / Driver
Employment Status: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Requirements: HS Diploma/GED, valid and clean driver’s license
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Drives and/or aids on an agency bus
• Safely transports clients
• Serves as Instructor in assigned work area
• Provides on the job training and quality control to individuals
• Prepares and leads downtime activities as needed
• Works alongside the individuals to complete job tasks
• Ensures the safety and well-being of the individuals
• Assists individuals with activities of daily living
Department/Supervisor: Day Program / Day Program Assistant Manager
Internal applicants- you must have worked in your current position for at least 6 months to be eligible.
If eligible, please apply by completing a Job Transfer Form.
Personal Supports Facilitator
Part-time direct care professional responsible for providing supervision and supports to an assigned individual who lives in the community. The duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the safety and well being of the individual
- Providing 1:1 supervision and companionship to the individual
- Assisting the individual in accessing community events, social outings, restaurants, church, recreation etc.
- Providing life skill training; social skills, money matters, personal hygiene, grocery shopping, budgeting etc.
- Serving as member of the individualized plan team
The requirements of the position are a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license. The openings for this position are usually part-time evening and/or weekend hours.
To apply, please download and print our employment application and mail it to:
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 70
Newark, MD 21841
Or, you can stop by our office in Newark.
If you have questions, call Nicole Dobelstein @ 410.632.2382 x.122
WCDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Worcester County Developmental Center, Inc. assures that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or sex, as outlined by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987 (P.L. 100.259), be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity.