The WCDC is currently accepting applications for the following positions
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours/Week: 40+ hours per week
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday and some on-call
Requirements: Registered Nurse license, valid driver’s license (with less than 3 points). Experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
Description of Duties:
• Provides medical needs to adults with disabilities in the day and residential programs
• Performs 45 day assessments on individuals
• Serve as liaison between WCDC and medical providers for individuals
• Trains and monitors CMT’s, providing disciplinary action when necessary
• Serves as a member of the QA committee
• Trains staff members as needed on medical related topics
• Provides on- call phone when assigned
Employment Status: Full-time and Part-time Hours Available
Hours/Week: The following shifts are available:
Full-time Full-time awake overnight 12a – 8a Monday – Friday
Full-time awake overnight 7 on 7 off
Full-time day shift 9a – 9p, 7 on 7 off
Part-time every other weekend 8a – 4p Saturday & Sunday
Part-time every other weekend 4p – 12a Saturday & Sunday
Part-time every other weekend 12a – 8a Saturday & Sunday
Part-time every other weekend 8a – 9p Saturday & Sunday
Part-time every weekend 8a – 9p Saturday & Sunday
Part-time every weekend 10a – 6p Saturday & Sunday
Part-time every weekend 8a – 8p Saturday & SundayRequirements: High School Diploma or GED and valid driver’s license
Part time direct support worker responsible for providing supervision and supports to assigned individuals in their home.
Description of Duties includes but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the safety and well-being of individuals
• Develops strategies to help clients overcome their limitations and individualizes strategies to provide for the needs of each person served
• Responsible for assisting clients with personal hygiene skills and tasks, including assisting with bathroom responsibilities, ensuring clients complete shaving, brushing teeth, bathing/showering, shampooing, and dressing appropriately for the weather and type of activities
• Plans and supports clients in daily activities, which may include but is not limited to, household chores, recreational activities, learning activities, physical fitness activities, and money management
• Serves as member of the individualized plan (IP) team and provides input to enable client(s) to develop their strengths and meet their goals
• Understands and follows all safety guidelines in accordance with each client IP, including but not limited to care plans, behavior plans, choking protocols etc.
• Administer daily medications
• Completes monthly data and other necessary paperwork
Employment Status: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Hours/Week: Monday – Friday day shift
Job Description: Direct support professional responsible for providing supervision and supports to assigned individual.
Description of Duties:
• Provide 1:1 supervision and training to assigned individual
• Assist the individual with accessing community events, social outings, recreational activities, etc.
• Provide support as needed to the individual to complete activities of daily living
• Provide instruction and training to enhance the individual’s work skills, communication skills, mobility skills, and social skills
• Assist the individual with feeding, toileting and vocational tasks
• Serve a member of the individualized plan team
• Complete monthly data
• Drives and/or aids on an agency bus and safely transports individuals
Requirement: A High School Diploma or GED, a valid and clean driver’s license, experience in human services preferred
If eligible*, please apply by completing a Job Transfer Form. For more information, please contact Nicole Dobelstein, Janelle Deshields, or Tammy Timmons @ 410-632-2382.
*Internal applicants- you must have worked in your current position for at least 6 months to be eligible.
Instructor / Driver
Employment Status: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Requirements: HS Diploma/GED, valid and clean driver’s license
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Drives and/or aids on an agency bus
• Safely transports clients
• Serves as Instructor in assigned work area
• Provides on the job training and quality control to individuals
• Prepares and leads downtime activities as needed
• Works alongside the individuals to complete job tasks
• Ensures the safety and well-being of the individuals
• Assists individuals with activities of daily living
Department/Supervisor: Day Program / Day Program Assistant Manager
Internal applicants- you must have worked in your current position for at least 6 months to be eligible.
If eligible, please apply by completing a Job Transfer Form.
Personal Supports Facilitator
Part-time direct care professional responsible for providing supervision and supports to an assigned individual who lives in the community. The duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the safety and well being of the individual
- Providing 1:1 supervision and companionship to the individual
- Assisting the individual in accessing community events, social outings, restaurants, church, recreation etc.
- Providing life skill training; social skills, money matters, personal hygiene, grocery shopping, budgeting etc.
- Serving as member of the individualized plan team
The requirements of the position are a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license. The openings for this position are usually part-time evening and/or weekend hours.
To apply, please download and print our employment application and mail it to:
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 70
Newark, MD 21841
Or, you can stop by our office in Newark.
If you have questions, call Nicole Dobelstein @ 410.632.2382 x.122
WCDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Worcester County Developmental Center, Inc. assures that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or sex, as outlined by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987 (P.L. 100.259), be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity.